Information We Collect, Process and Use
In the course of our business relationship, you may give us information about yourself, for example, when you request an account or any services. The information you give may include your contact details.
We process and use this data to create and manage your account, provide you with the services that you have requested and to develop new and improved products, services, and marketing strategies and research. We may also use your details to send you updates about Ford products and services, unless you ask us not to do so.
How We Share Information
In order to provide the services set out above, we may share personal information with our affiliates ('our affiliates' means the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership) and external service providers who are subject to agreements that oblige them to only use the personal information as we instruct and to keep it securely.
We may also share personal information in order to comply with a legal requirement or requests from public authorities; to protect or defend our or another's rights or property; to protect individuals' personal safety; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety, or privacy issues.
Where Information is Stored
The IT systems on which we store your information may be located outside the European Economic Area, including in countries where the law provides less protection for personal information. If this is the case, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the personal information and to ensure it is kept securely. You may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information in these circumstances
Lawful Grounds for Processing Information
There are several lawful grounds on which we may use your information:
- we may need to process your information to enable us to perform any business contract we have with you; and
- we often have a legitimate interest in processing your information for certain purposes, for example; to provide you with services, to develop new and improved products, services, and marketing strategies and research; to protect or defend our or another's rights or property; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety, or privacy issues.
Your Rights and How to Contact Us
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes, as well as to make corrections if necessary. You also have the right in some circumstances to object to our continuing to process your personal data, or to ask us to delete, restrict the use of, or port your information to another service provider.
If you are unhappy about how we use your information, we hope that in the first instance you will let us know so that we are able to address your concerns. However, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you have questions or concerns regarding:
Your services or account, please contact:
Fleet CRC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of your information, or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact:
Post Privacy Enquiry
PO Box 2318
How long do we keep your information
We only keep your information in identifiable form for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- your information is reasonably required in order to provide the services to you;
- your information is reasonably required in order to satisfy the purpose for which you submitted or we collected the information;
- your information is reasonably required in order to protect and defend our rights or property (this will generally be the length of the relevant limitation period in your jurisdiction); or
- we are otherwise required to keep your information by applicable laws or regulations.
We use appropriate systems, policies and procedures and technology to protect and maintain the security and accuracy of your information.
18-004 – Published – 19-07-2018