Annex 1 – Payments
1. Payments made at checkout on the Ford Marketplace will be processed using a third-party payment service provider. You acknowledge and agree that these payments are solely between you and your selected Dealer or third party seller. You authorize the payment service provider to collect, analyze and relay information generated in connection with these payments. Furthermore, these payments are subject to the terms and conditions governing your card and to any agreements between you and your financial institution.
2. Security Details and Verifying Your Identity:
You may be required to verify that you are the authorized controller of your payment card in order to complete a payment. So you may need to set up security passcodes, passwords, security questions and similar information (including fingerprint, face recognition or other biometric information) (“Security Details”). As long as the payment processing systems have checked your identity by verifying the Security Details, we will assume that we are dealing with you and that you have agreed to us disclosing information to you and acting on any instruction without getting further confirmation from you.
- not to give your Security Details to anybody;
- not to write down your Security Details in a way that they could be understood by anyone else; and
- to make sure no-one else sees you enter your Security Details when you’re making a payment on the Ford website.
You must tell us as soon as you can if:
- someone else knows your Security Details (or you think they may do);
- you see any mistakes or unauthorised payments; or
- you think someone else has or has tried to use your payment method.
- We may ask you to change your Security Details for operational or security reasons.
3. Availability and liability.
You can usually use the Ford Marketplace at any time but sometimes repairs, updates and maintenance on our systems and those of our suppliers may mean that some of the payment features on the website may be slower than normal or temporarily unavailable. We will not always be able to let you know when a payment feature won’t be available and we won’t be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of such unavailability or where a payment feature is not working properly for other reasons outside of our control. For example, this includes where there is a failure to complete a transaction in accordance with your instructions. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall (a) exclude or limit Ford’s or your selected Dealer’s liability for gross negligence, willful misconduct or other cases in relation to which liability cannot be excluded or limited under the applicable law, or (b) prejudice consumer rights granted by the applicable law.
4. Money laundering and terrorist financing:
We may gather and verify information in relation to your identity before providing products and services to you. We may ask you, at any time, to supply additional information to help us to do this, and you should supply such information promptly. We will comply with all of our reporting and notification obligations under applicable anti-money laundering and financial crime rules and we may, at any time and without notice/explanation, suspend or terminate the products and services we provide to you if we have a concern about money laundering and/or financial crime risks.