A Career in Human Resources at Ford
At Ford we're proud of our long standing tradition of developing talent, investing great energy in developing top class professionals who can operate effectively across our diverse workforce and our vision is to be recognised for world-class HR excellence and business partnership.
ONE HR team
The Ford Human Resources function is a global team of HR professionals recognised and respected as an essential business partner. We work closely with our operating management in all areas of the business to deliver our strategic people priorities with solutions that are linked directly to automotive leadership using best-in-class HR practices.
Our goal is to develop a world class team of skilled and motivated people working together to drive business results.
Graduate HR Programme
In order to build your HR competency you will be provided with opportunities to move through a variety of roles during your first few years, each a real role with real responsibilities and your focus is likely to be in one of these HR generalist areas:
- Employee Relations – working closely with our employees in the manufacturing facilities and with hourly and/or salaried union representatives to ensure employee relations are effectively managed in the customer areas. Advise and support line managers with the interpretation and implementation of Company policies that impact employment matters.
- Operational HR / Business Support – acting as a business partner to line managers by understanding the requirements and issues of the business operation and providing relevant support with workforce planning and development including HR support to Personnel Development Committees. Provide guidance and support to line management on HR cycle plan activities such as performance management, compensation planning and employee engagement initiatives.
You will build a deep knowledge of business imperatives and operational issues and have the opportunity to fully participate in the business and to become a valued advisor and coach. Many of the roles operate in both a European and Global team providing a breadth of possibilities most HR professionals never experience – global and cross-cultural consideration.
During your graduate placement you will also be offered the opportunity to study for a professional HR qualification.
Who we’re looking for
To be part of our future, you will need:
- A minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree or Masters degree or PhD
- Effective interpersonal skills with internal and external customers
- Strong team working ethos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly motivated, have a pro-active approach showing willingness to learn
So if you're talented, motivated, and ready to stretch yourself in a complex, unionized environment, you'll find no better proving ground.