Ford Ambassador Programme Sale Terms and Conditions
Your attention is drawn to the following terms and conditions. You must not proceed with a transaction if you believe that you cannot comply with any of the conditions. You are responsible for ensuring that customers are aware of the conditions and adhere to them. If a customer fails to adhere to the conditions your Ambassador Programme and Ford Privilege eligibility is at risk. Therefore, if you cannot answer all of the following questions, as indicated, it is advised that you do not nominate the customer:
- Is the customer someone you feel you know and can trust? YES
- Did a dealership employee refer this customer to you? NO
- Are you receiving or being offered cash or gifts to sponsor a customer? NO
You must be able to comply with the following Terms and Conditions to be eligible for the Ford Ambassador Programme.
Dealers have been given specific instructions to ensure that all parts of the transaction are consistent and are required to notify Ford of any transaction that does not meet these requirements.
- It is a direct violation of the Ford Ambassador Programme conditions to nominate a customer referred by a dealership employee or to use a dealership employee as a broker to locate a customer. In other words, you may not use a dealership or dealership employee to find customers and you may not sell your entitlement to a dealership or dealership employee. Selling entitlements to anyone is a violation of the conditions and is strictly prohibited.
- The dealer is able to process an order in the customer's name only. If you had intended the transaction to be in the name of a different customer, you must cancel the request and submit a new request. At no stage after the order is placed can any of the documentation be amended.
- The customer must pay for the vehicle personally and any credit purchase must also be in that name. The vehicle must be registered at the address of the customer only. Ford Ambassador Programme may not be used to register vehicles for business purposes, i.e. the registration document must make no reference to the name of a business.
- The vehicle must be for the primary use of the customer and all insurance documents must be in the customer's name. It must be retained by the customer for a minimum period of 9 months from the date of first registration.
- When the customer visits the dealer they need to identify themselves with their UK driving licence. The dealer is required to obtain a photocopy of the driving licence for audit and any drive away insurance requirements. This will be held a maximum of two years and will not be used for any other purpose. Please note that the dealer will refuse to process an order without satisfactory identification.
- The customer must also provide a V5 (vehicle logbook) document as evidence of minimum 3 months ownership of a non-Ford vehicle of any age, or a Ford vehicle which is a minimum of 2 years old from date of first registration. The dealer is required to obtain a photocopy of the V5 for audit. This will be held a maximum of two years and will not be used for any other purpose. Please note that the dealer will refuse to process an order without satisfactory evidence of vehicle ownership.
- Customers who are exiting a company car scheme and need to purchase a vehicle due to retirement, redundancy, opting out of a company car scheme, changing employment to a role with no company car entitlement, or closure/withdrawal of the company car scheme by the employer, must provide a signed letter from their employer on letter headed paper stating that they were employed by the company, had the benefit of a company car within 3 months prior to the date of the letter, the reason for the withdrawal of that benefit and provide details of the vehicle they were using. (Make, Model and Registration number). The signatory on the letter must be from a senior person within the company such as director, senior manager or HR department. The Dealer is required to retain the letter for audit. This will be held a maximum of two years and will not be used for any other purpose. Please note that the Dealer will refuse to process an order without satisfactory evidence of a customer having the benefit of a company car.
Any breach of these conditions, by you or the customer, may result in disciplinary action as well as withdrawal of all your entitlements to Ambassador Programme and Ford Privilege
The Company reserves the right to audit the vehicles purchased through the Ford Ambassador Programme. The Company also reserves the right to withdraw and be reimbursed the benefits of the Ford Ambassador Programme discounts from any individual, or group of individuals, who are found to be failing to comply with the conditions or audit requests from authorised Company representatives.
Reporting a violation
Ford Motor Company's Standards of Corporate Conduct handbook describes the basic obligations of all employees to know and comply with the spirit and the letter of all Company policies and legal requirements related to their work. It requires employees to report promptly any known or suspected violations of Company Policy or legal requirements related to the operation of the business. If you suspect any individual or group of individuals of violating the conditions of the Ford Ambassador Programme please report this using either of the following hotline numbers:
8739 2000 (internal) or
0800 3060 2000 (external)
Process for Submitting Requests
Approval for the purchase of a Ford Ambassador Programme vehicle can be obtained via HR Online and following the Ambassador Programme link. If you are unable to obtain an entitlement voucher via HR Online, you can contact the Privilege Helpline on 03457 100 400. You will be required to provide your Ford ID number together with additional security information. Only employees entitled to the Ford Ambassador Programme are able to make the request.
Following approval, both you and the nominated customer will receive a letter of confirmation. The letter will confirm that the entitlement voucher has been raised in the name of the customer. When visiting the dealer, the customer should present a UK driving licence which confirms both name and address to be the same as that described in your request. To enable the dealer to locate the Ford Ambassador Programme entitlement more readily, the customer should quote the Customer Identification Number provided in the confirmation letter.
Ford Ambassador Programme
The Ford Ambassador Programme offers a substantial saving on the price of eligible Ford vehicle derivatives. Ambassador Programme customers are entitled to whatever retail offer is available at the time, plus an additional saving. For a complete list of eligible vehicle derivatives and their discounts, see HR Online or visit a Ford Dealer of your choice.
Contact for Additional Help
For further information or clarification please call the Privilege Helpline on 03457 100 400. The Helpline is exclusively for the use of employees and must NOT be passed to customers.