If you need to know how to find your towing eye and locate your recovery hook, look no further than this short video.
Whether you’re towing, or being towed, it’s important you do it properly. Here’s how:
- First get your recovery hook from the boot.
- If your vehicle has a spare tyre, the recovery hook is in a tray underneath.
- If your vehicle doesn’t have a spare tyre, you’ll find it in the tool tray.
- Go to the front of your car to find the towing eye cover.
- Pop off the cover by pushing it firmly on one side.
- Locate the recovery hook into the hole and turn it anti-clockwise. It must be fully tightened so it doesn’t come loose.
- Your vehicle is now ready to be towed.
- There’s a rear towing point, too.
- By the rear bumper, you’ll find a panel. The panel will be firmly fixed. But it can be removed by hand.
- TOP TIP: Don’t use tools to remove the panel. You may damage your car’s bodywork or break the fixings.
- Behind the removable panel you’ll find the recovery hook.
- You must switch the ignition on when vehicle is being towed.
- Do not exceed 62mph (100km/h).
- You must carry the recovery hook in your vehicle at all times.
That’s how easy it is to find and use your recovery hook and towing eye.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, just ask your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you keep your Ford in top condition and make best use of its many features.