Graduate Opportunities in Finance with Ford Motor Company
Ford needs exceptional graduates to join their Finance team. This is your opportunity to become a member of our professional Finance community, working in Britain for one of the world’s biggest automotive manufacturers and most recognized brands.
About the graduate Finance program
From your first day with us, working in Ford Motor Company you will progress through a series of placements to help you build on the knowledge and skills gained during your degree at University. You will be performing a real role with real responsibilities.
Most graduate placements are based at Ford’s operations in their Dunton Technical Centre or Warley Central Office, and may include occasional travel domestically and/or internationally to our other plants and/or offices. Our core graduate roles, which help you build key competencies in our valued Finance technical skills, are based in the following areas of our business:
- Financial Reporting
- Balance Sheet Analysis
- Finished Vehicle Accounting
- Product (Vehicle/Powertrain) Development Finance
- TVM (Total Value Management) Finance
- Purchasing Controller’s Office
- Treasury Office
What’s in it for you?
The objective of our Finance graduate program is to enable you to gain exposure to a diverse mix of the work we do, and broaden your knowledge and skills in core competencies such as: Accounting, Cash Flow Analysis and Capital Structuring, Capital Markets and Financial Markets Risk Management, Collaborative Business Partnering, Cost Management and Financial Data Presentation and Communication, amongst many others.
The variety of dynamic roles in our organization, combined with the diverse nature of our business, provides our graduates with great opportunities for professional development and future career progression. We really value training and development of our people, as part of which we provide:
- Dedicated professional development support via appointed Personnel Development Committees
- Individual Development Plan Reviews of your key skills and future aspirations
- An extensive Finance Competency Framework, which enables you to map your progress versus the key functional skills required to contribute in all areas of our Finance department, from Analyst up to Director/Controller
- Relevant, focused training in our Key Financial Skills
- Harvard ManageMentor web-based training in key Financial skills, including Decision Making, Leading and Motivating, Strategy Execution, and many more
Added to this, the possibility for Company funded educational assistance programs, such as CIMA, to accompany the range of placements and professional development opportunities that we offer, makes Ford an outstanding employer for graduates considering a career in Finance.
Who we’re looking for:
To be part of our future, you will need:
- A minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree or masters or PhD (or equivalent), ideally within a Finance-related discipline
- Effective interpersonal, team working and leadership skills
- An ability to communicate clearly in writing, over the phone, and face-to-face
- Be highly motivated, have a pro-active approach and show a willingness to learn
Applications are now closed