What data is the FordPass® Connect* modem sending from my vehicle in factory setting?
Before delivery or during a partially activated state, certain limited data is already being sent to Ford's servers and cloud service providers. This includes diagnostic data such as:
- Malfunction Indicator Life (MILs) and Warning Indicator Light (WILs) when detected
- Maintenance data such as engine temperature
- The Electronic Serial Number (ESN) of the FordPass TCU modem
- SIM serial number (ICCID)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Apart from the list above, no other information is sent. The timing of when this data is sent varies. For example:
- Maintenance data is sent every time someone turns on the vehicle and takes it on a trip.
- Diagnostic data is sent when a problem is detected, when that happens, a signal is triggered and the data is sent to Ford.
Note: You can turn off your Vehicle Connectivity via your in-vehicle SYNC®** system. If you do this, the sending of data from your vehicle's modem will cease.
*FordPass Connect enables connected services and is available on selected vehicles or vehicles with navigation. FordPass Connect will be enabled at time of vehicle delivery. You may choose to opt in/out of certain data sharing. Data coverage and service is not available everywhere. Data rates may be incurred. FordPass and Connected Car Privacy Policies apply, available on your local Ford website.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.