How to Check Your Tyre Pressure
Tyre pressure can affect your car’s handling and fuel efficiency. So it needs to be right. This is how to check it:
- First, make sure your handbrake’s on and the ignition’s off.
- Give the tyres around three hours to cool. It gives a more accurate reading.
- Inside your door frame, a chart shows the correct tyre pressures: they’re marked in PSI and BAR.
- Get yourself a tyre pressure gauge. There are manual and digital ones.
- Unscrew the dust caps on your tyres. And keep them somewhere safe!
- Press the gauge onto the valve and you’ll hear a little hiss of air.
- The number shows the pressure.
- TOP TIP: Tyres at the wrong pressure will wear out faster. They’re also less safe. So check them regularly.
- Got a spare tyre?
- Then it’s worth checking that, too.
- Finally, don’t forget to screw all your dust caps back on.