How to Change Your Wiper Blades
For your safety, your wipers need to be in the best condition. Here’s how to check and replace them:
- First, turn on your ignition. Your engine doesn’t need to be running.
- Next turn on your wipers. When they’re upright, turn them off.
- Now turn off your ignition.
- Pull up the wiper stalk and wipe the blades with a damp cloth.
- To check the blades, run your fingers along the window facing edge.
- If the blades feel rough or hard, they need to be replaced.
- TOP TIP: Are your wipers juddering, squeaking, or not clearing your windscreen properly? If so, then they need replacing.
- TOP TIP: Buy the recommended wiper blades from your Ford Parts Dealer and they’ll fit them free of charge.
- To remove the old blade, hold it by the connector, press the locking button and pull the old wiper out.
- TOP TIP: While the blade’s off, put a cloth under the stalk. This can help prevent your windscreen getting scratched.
- Putting a new blade on is easy: just follow the removal instructions in reverse.
- Push the new blade into the stalk. The locking button ‘clicks’ when it’s in the right position.
- Now for the rear…
- Hold the stalk and end of the blade firmly. Twist and snap the blade out. It’s normal for this to take some effort!
- To fit a new blade, start by holding the top of the stalk.
- Position the blade correctly, then click it in with your thumbs.