Product Development is part of a global organisation which designs, tests and releases for production all components and assemblies that make up powertrains and vehicles for use and sale worldwide. Technical centres in Dunton and Dagenham constitute the global centres of excellence for both Commercial Vehicles and Powertrains. All our graduates and engineers are recruited to specific tasks with opportunities to move to different roles as their career progress. As part of this global team you may be required to travel to any Ford location worldwide.
PD consists of the following broad work groups:
- Engineering (including Advanced Engineering, Product Planning, Body, Chassis, Electrical and Powertrain Engineering)
- Vehicle and Powertrain Evaluation (covers all aspects of testing)
- Program Management (covering both Vehicle and Powertrain programs)
One of the biggest challenges facing automotive manufacturers today is reduction of CO2 and improving fuel consumption for our customers. Dunton is at the forefront of this work introducing new Gasoline and Diesel products to the market that both reduce CO2 and improve fuel economy. The latest addition to our range is the outstanding Fox Gasoline engine which, although brand new to the market, has already been identified as a “Game Changer” by leading European journalists. This remarkable 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine is able to power a C segment people carrier with ease while achieving outstanding levels of refinement & fuel economy.
Within PD, you will be part of a global team implementing European designed vehicles and powertrains around the world. The work is varied, challenging and interesting as we see our products rolled out in European, North American, Asian and Eastern European markets. So you will have a real opportunity to be building working partnerships with colleagues on an international level.
As part of the PD team, you will need the following core skills:
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication to liaise with FoE and global partners
- Ability to support the development and continuous improvement of the engineering area
- Support resolution of departmental engineering issues
- Self-motivated with excellent team and leadership skills
- You will be able to develop your professional skills through work based experience and training and know that you are joining one of the leading engineering companies in the country.
If you are keen to work in an engineering organisation whereby there are a variety of roles which would provide you with new challenges, then a career at Ford could be the perfect opportunity for you.