Before you activate the modem, you have to ensure your vehicle has been added to your FordPass Pro account. So first, here’s how to do that:
- If you’re adding a vehicle of the first time, you can do so easily from the FordPass Pro home screen.
- Just tap ‘ADD A VEHICLE’.
- If you already have one or more connected vehicles and want to add another…
- Go to ‘MY GARAGE’.
- Then tap the plus sign.
- TOP TIP: The FordPass Pro app lets you add up to five vehicles with FordPass Connect modems.
- Next, you’ll need to add your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- For help finding your VIN, tap ‘Where is my VIN?’
- Enter your VIN and tap ‘ADD’.
- If your vehicle is already associated with another FordPass account, you’ll have to request authorisation or perform a master reset.
- FordPass Pro should find your vehicle, if not please check that you entered your VIN correctly.
- TOP TIP: Make sure you don’t put a letter ‘O’ in place of a zero. And check you’ve typed in all 17 digits.
- Next, tap ‘GET STARTED’.
- Then ‘ACTIVATE VEHICLE’.
- Your vehicle SYNC screen will now display a prompt asking you to confirm.
- Select ‘Yes’.
- An icon should appear in your SYNC screen, telling you that you’re connected.
- TOP TIP: Activating your modem lets you use some of the best features, like remote lock and unlock, Live Traffic Updates, vehicle health alerts, or security features like Guard Mode.
If there's anything you're not sure about, you can simply contact your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you make best use of both FordPass and FordPass Connect.