12-Month Placement in Purchasing at Ford Motor Company
We are looking for talented individuals to undertake a 12-month paid work placement, as part of our Business Placement Programme. Successful candidates would work in our Purchasing department, starting in September 2018.
About the role:
With a yearly spend of approximately $20 billion, our European Purchasing Group externally procures the components, services, and supplies required to manufacture vehicles and run our business. As an intern in Purchasing you will complete a project based within a team responsible for purchasing components or services to Ford Motor Company.
On joining our team your typical responsibilities might include:
- Develop sourcing strategies & develop/analyse competitor & market data
- Support on capacity assurance at supplier
- Drive supplier performance to meet non-design/ design cost, quality and timing targets
- Participation in cross-functional teams to support sourcing process and meet program landmarks
- Support engine/vehicle launches with internal customers & suppliers
- Support Requisitioner Customers to develop robust statements of work and specifications
- Review and develop contractual Terms & Conditions with suppliers to mitigate risks to the organisation
- Ensure all sourcing in line with Corporate policies and procedures
- Handle internal and external supplier relationships
- Projects will involve working closely with supervising buyers, suppliers and other functions such as engineering, supplier technical assistance and manufacturing.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge and passion about our business and our customers
- a drive for continuous improvement
- ability to build strong relationships, collaborate and contribute new ideas
- excellent communication skills
- a can do, find a way, attitude
- a positive approach and ability to inspire others
- experience of delivering high quality work to deadline
- creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
A key enabler of our success is our people. We organise ourselves into small, dynamic teams, where your individual contribution will have a direct influence on the profitability and success of our global business You will also have the opportunity to work alongside global colleagues and contribute to international projects and work streams.
Are you looking to Go Further with Ford?