12-Month Placement in IT at Ford Motor Company
We are looking for talented individuals to undertake a 12-month paid work placement, as part of our Business Placement Programme. Successful candidates would work in our IT department, starting in September 2016.
About the role:
From your first day with us you will be working with IT and business colleagues from all over the world to help build, implement and enhance IT solutions.
As an intern you will build on the knowledge and skills gained throughout your degree at University. You will perform a real role with real responsibilities and your focus is likely to be on one of the following key business areas:
- Business Relationship Management: Business facing teams planning future IT strategy and projects
- Application Development: Developing, enhancing and maintaining IT applications that are at the heart of our global business
- Solutions Support: Providing front-line support for our critical IT applications and services
Typical intern responsibilities might include:
- Working with business customers to analyse and define requirements on regional or global IT projects
- Project managing changes to IT systems or processes
- Implementing enhancements to IT software or hardware in order to support business requirements
- Receiving, diagnosing and recommending fixes to production support issues on regional and global IT software and hardware
- Using your problem solving skills learnt at University to ensure business critical systems operate effectively
- Supporting and implementing the latest generation of online collaboration tools
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- A knowledge and passion about our business and our customers
- A drive for continuous improvement
- The ability to build strong relationships, leadership skills and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- A “can do”, find a way, attitude
- A positive approach and ability to inspire others
- Experience of delivering high quality work to deadlines
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
- IT degree or a combined IT/Business degree or content is preferred
- Experience of working with IT solutions is advantageous
You’ll be communicating with a wide variety of people in a variety of settings – colleagues, business customers, and other senior management. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside global colleagues and contribute to international projects and work streams.
Are you looking to Go Further with Ford?