Chief Medical Officer, Ford of Britain.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Physician to join Ford Motor Company. You will provide health leadership, representing the health function at the highest level in one of the country’s leading automotive and mobility companies. You will lead on health strategy, manage the occupational health service and work with the wider global Ford community on health initiatives. This is a great opportunity to have a major impact in a large company experiencing rapid change. This is your chance to go further with Ford!
Ford of Britain provides occupational health services to all employees based in the UK, via an outsourced provider. The role will be based at the Dunton Technical Centre, Essex, but will require travel to other operational sites including Dagenham, Bridgend (S Wales), Daventry and Liverpool.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Health leadership across the organisation.
- Interface with key stakeholders to deliver best practice occupational health services across the business.
- Develop health strategy for the Company within UK, including wellbeing initiatives.
- Ratification and review of all ill health retirement recommendations.
- Regular process audit of the service at all sites.
- Represent the health function at national level meetings with other key Company stakeholders such as Trades Unions and senior management.
- Management of an outsourced occupational health service in liaison with the outsourced company’s own management team, to set KPIs.
- Oversight of an outsourced on-site physiotherapy and rehabilitation service with reference to the provider’s own management, including regular review of KPIs.
- Work with other medical staff within Ford of Europe and the wider global Ford health community on health initiatives and metrics.
Expected Level of Proficiency
- GMC registration, and on the GMC’s specialist register (Occupational Medicine).
- Possession of MFOM (Member of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine) or FFOM (Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine).
- Demonstrable leadership experience.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Prior experience in the manufacturing sector is highly desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive employment policies, practices and benefits package including:
- Entitlement to Management Loan Agreement Plan Ford Vehicles
- Eligibility to join a competitive pension arrangement
- 26 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
- The option of receiving free AXA (PPP) Medical Insurance at the Company’s expense for yourself and your immediate family
- Accessibility to the Ford Privilege Scheme, which offers employees, as well as their family, the opportunity to purchase vehicles at a discounted rate
- Funding of CPD activities and Annual Appraisal fees
Applications for this post close on 11/10/2019, with interviews taking place in the week commencing 21/10/2019. CVs and any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ford Motor Company is one of the largest family firms in the world. Since our founding by Henry Ford in 1903 we have had a single focussed purpose summed up by the words of one of our first adverts “to open the highways to all mankind”. Ford is now a global player operating at scale on every continent and has continued that purpose wherever it operates bringing innovative products to mass-market audiences.
Well into our second century, it is clear the landscape we operate in is changing rapidly with more people than ever living in large often-crowded mega cities and digital innovation disrupting many industries. So while we continue to invest in our core business of designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing great cars, trucks, SUVs and electrified vehicles we are also making a fundamental shift in pursuing emerging opportunities through Ford Smart Mobility, which is our plan to be a leader in connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles and transforming the customer experience to combine our great products with great experiences that customers want and value.
The following is a link to Ford’s YouTube channel which provides further insight to the organisation, including product information and new initiatives we are working on:
At Ford, the distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter. Join the Ford team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you would expect from a diverse global leader.
Ford is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of gender, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief, gender reassignment and gender identity, age and those with caring responsibilities.
Ford Motor Company Limited (Ford) will collect, hold and process personal data relating to you should you submit your CV. These activities are carried out in accordance with data privacy laws and with Ford’s own data protection policies. To find out more about how we process your data and your rights please go to https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/careers.
At Ford we welcome all applications for our job opportunities. However, we are unable to employ anyone who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. All candidates will be asked to provide originals of documentation proving their right to work in the UK at the assessment centre stage. The Company has a legal obligation to check that all new employees are entitled to work in the UK and to do the type of work offered. Any job offer and continued employment will therefore be conditional upon the individual holding the right to work in the UK.