Ford Warranty: Owner Responsibilities
Your Owner’s Manual and the Service Portfolio describe the proper care and use of your vehicle. Proper care and use minimise the risk of major repair expenses resulting from misuse, neglect or inadequate servicing.
You should therefore:
- Present your vehicle to an Authorised Dealer for any Warranty repair as soon as possible. This will minimise the extent of any repair that may be required.
- Have your vehicle serviced in line with our recommendations and have the details recorded in the Ford Digital Service Record system. We recommend that you use Authorised Dealers for all of your vehicle service and repair needs.
- Have your vehicle serviced and repaired using genuine Ford parts, parts that conform to the specifications of genuine Ford parts or parts of matching quality.
- Have your vehicle serviced in line with the schedules published in FordEtis
- Have the engine oil changed when the change engine oil indicator displays in the instrument cluster. See Owner's Manual.
- Retain original invoices as evidence that your vehicle has been serviced in line with our recommendations. This may help eliminate improper maintenance as the potential cause of failure if your vehicle requires a Warranty repair.
- Maintain the body and paintwork of your vehicle in line with our recommendations. See Owner's Manual.
- Have the body and paintwork of your vehicle checked by an Authorised Dealer in line with our recommendations and have the details recorded in the Ford Digital Service Record system.
NOTE: It is not a requirement to have service and non-Warranty repairs completed by an Authorised Dealer to retain the benefits of the Warranty.
NOTE: If you do not have your vehicle serviced in line with our recommendations, the Warranty on parts damaged as a result of your failure to have your vehicle serviced will be invalidated.
NOTE: If you do not have the engine oil changed within one month or 1,500 km (1,000 mi) (whichever occurs first) of the engine oil change indicator displaying, the warranty on component damage will be invalidated.
NOTE: If you do not have the body and paintwork checked in line with our recommendations, the Perforation Warranty will be invalidated.