What is a Schedule Maintenance Minder in the FordPass®* App?
The Scheduled Maintenance Minder is a Connected Vehicle feature designed to provide you with a better understanding of when your vehicle will require scheduled maintenance.This feature utilises your vehicle’s odometer to predict when upcoming scheduled maintenance is required, provides you with a notification 30 days in advance of your next scheduled maintenance interval, and links you to the service schedule for details on what is required.
Note: Ensure the following conditions are met:
|Schedule Maintenance Criteria
|Time to Plan (Approximately 30 days prior to predicated date)
|Based on your mileage, it's time to plan for your next recommended service. Schedule soon to keep your vehicle running at its best.
|Recommended Service Soon (14 days/ 500 miles)
|Based on your mileage, it's time to perform your next recommended service. Schedule soon to keep your vehicle running at its best.
|Recommended Service Required (0 days/0 miles)
|Based on your mileage, your next recommended service is due. Perform now to keep your vehicle running at its best.
- There are situations where the remaining days and mileage may not be displayed due to inadequate vehicle usage data.
- This would occur when the vehicle is brand new and the prediction model is attempting to learn the vehicle operators trip habits.
- The prediction model may remove certain functionality (Days/Miles remaining) in the event vehicle usage has changed substantially from previous weeks of vehicle operation.
- An example of this would be if the vehicle is utilised for normal commuting and suddenly is used for a long road trip.
- The Prediction model is attempting to update itself at this point. Days and Miles remaining will return when the model confirms data is accurate.
- Scheduled Maintenance Minder is reset when the vehicle reaches 500 miles or 14 days past the maintenance interval or if an in-vehicle oil life reset is detected after a Scheduled Maintenance notification has been sent.
- In most cases it will require that the vehicle be operated for three trips/drive cycles before FordPass reflects the reset.
*FordPass App is compatible with select smartphone platforms and available via download. Data rates may apply.