To enable text messaging for SYNC, review the following steps:
- View the phone compatibility charts listed on this site to determine if your phone has been tested for text functionality with the SYNC system.
- Ensure you have the latest SYNC update installed.
- Android and iOS users will need to follow the phone instructions below.
Watch for a message like the one below during the phone pairing process.
- Select 'Don’t ask again.'
- Select 'Yes.'
You will need to turn on "Show Notifications" once your phone is paired with SYNC.
- Enter the Settings menu on your phone.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Select the 'i' or 'Blue Arrow' next to SYNC.
- Find 'Show Notifications.'
- Turn 'Show Notifications' On.
For additional SYNC-related questions, please visit www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/SYNC-and-Bluetooth-Support.