You have to breathe fresh, clean air to be at your best. And so does your engine - that’s why a clean air filter is so important.
A properly functioning air filter helps stop contaminants from getting into the engine, helping to extend its life.
It also lets the engine breathe easier, which can help enhance performance and efficiency.
When should air filters be changed?
Ford Motor Company recommends that you replace this filter every 15,000-30,000 miles, depending on your vehicle model.
But you may want to replace it more often if:
- You drive on dirt roads or in excessively dusty conditions
- You see a lot of dirt or debris in the filter
- You experience a rough idle or sluggish acceleration
- You experience decreased efficiency
Refer to your Owner's Manual and Maintenance Schedule for specific information on when to replace your air filter.
Genuine Motorcraft Air Filters
If you take care of your vehicle, it will help take care of you. And when you use a Motorcraft® air filter, you’re using a factory-approved replacement part that is specifically made for your vehicle.
Motorcraft air filters offer benefits, such as:
- More than 98% efficiency in stopping dust
- Treated filter material for better capacity and efficiency
- Tight, leak proof polyurethane seals
- Extreme temperature resistance
- Application-specific filters—not “one size fits all”
Visit your local dealership for a replacement Motorcraft air filter.