Ford Warranty: Perforation Warranty Period and Exceptions
Perforation warranty period and exceptions
Perforation Warranty Period
The perforation warranty starts at the same time as the Ford Base warranty and continues for between 8 and 12 years (depending on model). Refer to your vehicle's Service Portfolio (formerly warranty & service guide) for the warranty periods applicable to your vehicle.
Perforation Warranty Exceptions
Ford is not responsible for any repair that is required as a direct result of:
- Damage caused by neglect, flooding, accident, or improper use.
- Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Ford instructions.
- Factors beyond Ford control, such as: airborne contamination, storm damage, stone chips, scratches and the use of unsuitable cleaning agents.
- Repairs using methods that have not been approved by Ford.
- Failure to rectify on a timely basis any paint or corrosion damage identified during the annual body & paint check.