12-Month Placement in Finance at Ford Motor Company
We are looking for talented individuals to undertake a 12-month paid work placement, as part of our Business Placement Programme. Successful candidates would work in our Finance department, starting in September 2018.
About the role:
The Finance function within Ford seeks to inspire and enable our business partners to achieve business objectives while building pride, capability and leadership in our people. The challenges start on day one, as you share responsibility for major business decisions. Upon joining the Finance team, your focus will be in supporting one of our key business functions: Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Marketing & Sales, Accounting, Profit Analysis, Internal Control, Business Strategy, Treasury or Internal Audit.
Typical intern responsibilities might include:
- Supporting the development of a budget and business plan
- Liaising cross functionally to develop analytical profit forecasts for each vehicle line
- Developing current vehicle reporting finance information for management review
- Financial management of manufacturing plants
- Control of investment costs for new vehicles on a global basis
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge and passion about our business and our customers
- a drive for continuous improvement
- ability to build strong relationships, and be a team player
- excellent communication skills
- a can do, find a way attitude
- a positive approach and an ability to inspire others
- experience of delivering high quality work to deadlines
- creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
You will gain insight into Corporate Finance and will develop both analytical and professional skills that will be of benefit to you in your future career. You will have the opportunity to take on real responsibilities, and to work as an active member of cross functional teams, liaising with people at all levels of the business. You will likely also have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues from other Ford locations around the globe, and contribute to international projects and work-streams.
Are you ready to Go Further with Ford?