In case you’re a bit too rushed to read all about Ford Motability right now, we’ve gathered together the questions people ask most frequently.
What do all the acronyms mean?
– the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance.
– War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
– the Department for Work and Pensions. The DWP send you notification of your allowance and can tell you what you’re entitled to. Their number is 03457 123456
How do I qualify for the Motability Scheme?
To qualify, you need to receive either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA) or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS). You can find out more from the Department for Work and Pensions at dwp.gov.uk
Seat heights and door widths are important to me when choosing a car. Where can I find this information about Ford cars?
There are a number of good options:
- Talk to the Motability specialist at a Motability accredited Ford Dealership. They can give you all the information you need.
- Use Motability’s online car search at motability.co.uk and search by a number of different options according to your needs
- Pick up product brochures at any Ford Dealership or request them below.
- Arrange a test drive or ride to experience Ford first hand.
Which bodystyle should I choose (e.g. saloon, estate, and hatchback)?
The best thing is to contact the Motability specialist at a Motability accredited Ford Dealership. As well as advising you, they can arrange test drives, or test rides, to help you decide.
Can I still get a car on the Contract Hire scheme, when I’ve less than three years left on my HRMC-DLA?
You should expect to receive the allowance for the full length of the agreement you choose. However, Motability accepts applications as long as you have at least 12 months of your award remaining when you apply.
Is there an age restriction on the Contract Hire scheme?
The HRMC-DLA can be awarded to disabled children aged three and above. So, if you are a parent or guardian of a child who receives the allowance, you can order a car for use on their behalf. As long as you, or your child, receives either the HRMC-DLA or WPMS you are eligible to lease a car through Motability.
The Motability all-inclusive package includes insurance for two named drivers.
Therefore you can still lease a new car even if you do not drive – simply nominate two drivers who can drive on your behalf. There are a few rules surrounding who can drive your car:
- Named drivers should live within five miles of the disabled customer’s address. Motability will, however, consider requests to include drivers outside of this range where this is essential to support the customer’s mobility needs
- Drivers under 25 are restricted to cars with an ABI Insurance Group 16 or lower and with a power output of 114 brakehorse power (BHP) or less
- Only one named driver under 21 is allowed – this could be the disabled customer, or another driver living at the same address
What else is included with the lease?
We want you to enjoy your car without having to worry, so all this is included in Motability’s all-inclusive package:
- Servicing and maintenance for the length of your lease
- Full RAC breakdown assistance
- Tyre and windscreen replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance for a three year lease
- Many adaptations at no extra cost